"Creating an effective partnership means for us to combine the strengths of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and our partner to unlock the knowledge and insights of both partners."
Stefan Oschmann, Vice Chairman of the Executive Board and Deputy CEO of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
As a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, we offer the financial stability and long term vision of a family owned company.
Our company structure allows us to think beyond the next quarter's earnings and to make the right choices for our patients and partners. Our solid foundation, combined with a certain flexibility as a mid-size biopharmaceutical player, enables us to bring to life our commitment to transform lives through medical science.
• Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is the world’s oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company – since 1668, the company has stood for innovation, business success and responsible entrepreneurship.
• Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a publicly listed company. The Merck family holds 70% of the shares.
• Biopharma is Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany’s largest business with sales of €5.8 billion in 2014, and approximately 16,000 employees worldwide
• We are internationally recognized as a biotechnology leader, with innovative and successful products along with a promising development pipeline.
• Our products are commercialized in 150 countries